Well, I got a sitemeter account and discovered my blog is as unused as my violin-Very sad.
But here are a few updates anyway-even if I am the only one that reads them.
1-Nate left this morning. It hasn't even been an hour and I think I'm already losing my mind. Here I am at 7 in the morning, in bed with my laptop. Is there a more 'single' thing to do? He should get to Blackfoot Sunday night and then to my mom and dads monday. We'll be limiting our phone calls for the next few days so as to avoid a $200 phone bill.(Tried to buy a calling card for him yesterday but apparently, in this cell-phone age, we have moved above and beyond calling cards and pay phones-hmmph!
2-We had a BEAR in our yard the other night-that's right, a bear! I have lived in Alaska over 5 years and I've only seen one in the wild from a cruise ship. Unfortunately, after I got the camera we couldn't find him again. (No thanks to Nate yelling that I was NOT to go chasing after him-If I wanted a picture I better take it from the truck. I guess when he told my dad he'd take care of me he actually meant overprotect me!)
3-I survived volleyball with the McDonalds! (Well, sort of) We had a family gathering Saturday night with Nate's family, as he and Mo are moving, and John set up the volleyball net. We were having so much fun playing, not even keeping score, when things went bad. James went to set the ball but I was already en route. I tried to move back as fast as I could but somehow his elbow caught me just right in the mouth. It split my lip, landing me in the ER, and pushed my tooth back into the roof of my mouth, landing me at the dentist twice already this week. I was looking quite hillbilly for awhile. For now, my tooth is back into place and we're waiting to see if it dies and I have to have a root canal and cap put on. I didn't have to have stitches in my lip which was great but hopefully my face won't be too damaged. OH-so frustrating-we are only 3 months away from dental insurance-this will be one expensive volleyball game. Too bad it didn't happen when I was doing something cool like spiking it!
4- Tayvin's been quite sick but we'll go to the doctor this morning to find out about his legs and face. He seems like he's feeling better and luckily, it hasn't messed up his sleeping much! Will update on that later.

We hope all is well with everyone and hope to see you back here soon! I'll try to find fun things to make the blog a bit more interesting!


JoHanna said...

Stacia, It was so good to hear from you. A bear in the back yard that is crazy! I dont have a active profile on facebook so that is why you cant add me. Well I hope you can find ways to stay busy while Nate is gone. I know I hate it when mike is gone. Talk to you soon.

the schumann's said...

Hi Stacia,
I was so glad to find your blog. Congratulations on your cute family. I am jealous that you live in Alaska. Do you like it? Check out my blog and leave me a comment. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lacy (Siddoway) Schumann