10.09.2008

Very possibly the most boring post I've ever written.

I'm kinda getting sick of looking at the word suck at the top of our blog. I don't particularly like the word, especially now that there are little ears and eyes around, but I had to bite the bullet for the umbrella stroller's sake. Anyway, so here's a new post so that we don't have to look at it anymore.

We found an apartment! It's kind of a long story but I'll give you the quick version. We viewed 3 apartments in person. Every time I found one online that we could afford and had enough space for us turned out to be restricted income. Now seriously, if you're barely bringing home over $2000 a month, how can you afford $1000 in rent? We don't get it but regardless, we didn't qualify. Granted our income is nada right now, but that will be changing soon, hopefully. So we looked at one apartment that we mostly loved out near Bluffdale-great rooms, great grounds, great neighborhood, crappy kitchen (which we all know is the most important room to me,) and tinier than a pea living room. So we kinda put it on the back burner for another day-decided we should probably look at more than one apartment before we signed a lease. So the next day we go to "Apartments on the Green." It looked beautiful online. Sadly, that was not the case. The model apartment smelled like smoke and let's just say I wouldn't feel safe there.
So we met my dad for lunch and while driving away we spotted an apartment. We checked it out, loved it, put down a deposit and are now just waiting for Nate's offer letter from the company he should be starting for next week. We're so excited to be moving on with our lives and to have a place of our own! And we can't wait to have everyone come see it. Hopefully we'll be moving in on Tuesday. I'll post pictures as I get the apartment set up.
Oh, and sorry, that was so not a quick version!

No comments: