8.07.2011

I am not a type A personality. But I definitely have some type A tendencies. Like planning and lists. I HAVE to plan. I haven't always been this way. I've always liked lists and I've always liked being in control (because, really, who doesn't?) But it really started once I had kids. You can't just up and leave for hours with kids. I guess you can but it's probably make many people miserable. Kids need naps. And food. And diaper changes. And routine.  Without a little bit of planning, they'll be missing out on at least one of those.  So.... I plan. And I make lists. And I schedule. And I have a routine.  And when one handsome man who makes decisions based off of everything BUT 'the plan' it makes me crazy. Not like I yell at him or start talking to myself. But I stew and wonder what will happen. And I have little patience for things that I can normally control.  So you can imagine how I'm functioning right now with things like this going on...
  • We have slept in our own beds a total of maybe 10 times in the last month and a half.
  • There has been talk about a new job opportunity (again) which would require putting the Masters Degree on hold..
  • Tayv will be starting Kindergarten at a brand new school. Because it's a new school I won't find out about his schedule until right before he starts. As in, the night before.
I think the universe is trying to send me a message. Let go, Stacia. Just let go.

1 comment:

Alayna's Creations said...

if I track it back I think my own dependance on lists and plans and routines really started with the kids too. That doesn't make it a bad thing - I think my life just goes more smoothly that way. But I'll also be the first to admit that I have a hard time with change too. Oh well - that's who we are. Whatever you decide and however you attack the future it will all work out beautifully, even if you can't plan for it :)